Thursday, May 21

Untitled & Unfinished

I woke this morning with the start of 4 different poems fluttering around in my head. One of them is pretty complete and the others are just the first line/lyric of something I may or may not bring to fruition. I will list them for you here, please let me know what you think:

Untitled & Unfinished 1:

Though now I'm here at the only conclusion


Untitled & Unfinished 2:

And through the starkest night I've stood staring at lunar light


Untitled & Unfinished 3:

And all the time my heart beg my mind for some sort of release
Some solace
Some peace


Untitled & Unfinished 4:

I wonder how much I've let go by holding on
Obstinately,

Wonder how much I let pass by standing fast
Stubbornly,

I didn't wonder too fast if I was led down a path right for me,
Unpropitiously,

Or where that path would lead or what would be left in sight for me
Aimlessly,

Though it is no small wonder, no wonder at all, that it came to an end
Calamitously


1 & 2 are a little hammy now that they're written down, I might have 3 written on my gravestone because that is the only place it could be where it wouldn't seem trite. 4 is the more complete and yet seems unfinished, it feels like their is a narrative hidden there and I need to eek it out but I've set my self a task by beginning with a structure I can't carry on in any genuine way.

Again, comments welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I like 1 a lot. It's feels like the end to an old school murder mystery, where the murderer turns out to be the narrator, not in a cheesy way but in a super scary Edgar Allen way.

    I think 4 would sound nicer if you took away all the LY endings. Like, "I stood there, stubborn" not "stubbornly," I don't know. That may not be what you meant. I just have an issue with adverbs.Like when rappers think that if you add LY to every line, it rhymes or something. Don't mind me. I only write cheesy cheesy mozarella things.

    I very like your words.

    -m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks -m

    I will certainly think about making those changes. I feel everything hangs together better if the last syllable of each section is the same, just because it marks the end of that section.

    But I will think about it, thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete

Label Cloud

London (66) Just Plain Silly (46) Yak (43) Photos (40) Photography (39) Rant (35) Photo (34) Video (33) people (24) photoshop (22) Poetry (20) Portrait (20) Review (16) film (16) England (15) Travel (15) Music (11) Photowalk (10) 5adaychallenge (6) Bestival (6) Festival (6) art (6) movies (6) 43Things.com (5) Japanese (5) Night (5) School (5) Street (5) UK (5) trailer (5) Black andamp; White (4) Cathedral (4) Costume (4) Greenwich (4) Love (4) Norfolk (4) Tattoo Convention (4) WDPS (4) Winter (4) Woman (4) America (3) Animals (3) Autumn (3) Bow Creek (3) Canterbury (3) Charlie Clempson (3) Hipstamatic (3) Performance (3) Photographic Assignments (3) Snow (3) Summer (3) flowers (3) iphone (3) religion (3) whitstable (3) Abstract (2) Beach (2) Bird (2) Carnival (2) Cats (2) Comics (2) Dancing (2) Fireworks (2) Flickr (2) Ganes (2) Hats (2) Leytonstone (2) Mirror (2) Monochrome (2) New Year (2) Notting Hill (2) Sculptures (2) Sky (2) Soho (2) South Bank (2) Tattoos (2) Toy (2) Trinity Buoy Wharf (2) Westminster (2) Wildlife (2) blog (2) camera (2) cars (2) forwards (2) nature (2) party (2) postcards (2) seaside (2) sport (2) spring (2) 620 Film (1) 90's (1) A-Team (1) Acrobatics (1) Aerosol (1) Airport (1) Alcohol (1) Anne Rice (1) Antique (1) Batman (1) Bicycles (1) Bokeh (1) Book Cover (1) Box (1) Boy George (1) Bridge (1) Bristol (1) Brixton (1) Brownie (1) Bull (1) Cake (1) Calm (1) Camden (1) Challenge (1) Chinese (1) Christmas (1) Church (1) City (1) Colour (1) Covent Garden (1) Crowds (1) DLR (1) Daruma (1) David Twohy (1) Diptych (1) Dog (1) Dulwich (1) Epic Fail (1) Eric Radomski (1) Erotic Book Store (1) Exotic (1) Fatboy Slim (1) Fire (1) Fire Eater (1) Flame (1) Foreign Policy (1) Fox (1) Fruit (1) GRass (1) Gallery (1) Gayla Partridge (1) Glasses (1) Goat (1) Gosh (1) Graffiti (1) Gull (1) HMS (1) Hands (1) Hawk-Eye (1) Hearts (1) Heron Quay (1) Heygate (1) Horse (1) Hot Chip (1) ICA (1) James Bond (1) John McTiernan (1) Kanye West (1) Katherine Green (1) Landscape (1) Leaves (1) Links (1) Lomo (1) Mac (1) Markets (1) Meetups (1) Michael Hoffman (1) Mobile Phone (1) Monkey (1) Niels Arden Oplev (1) Nuts (1) Orange (1) PC (1) PS3 (1) Panoramic (1) Patrick Cox (1) Pepsi (1) Rain (1) Reflections (1) Ropes (1) Science Museum (1) Security (1) Self-Pity (1) Sex (1) Shine (1) Spotify (1) Squirrels (1) Stain Glass (1) Stations (1) Steve Gordon (1) Steven Spielberg (1) Street Fighter (1) Summer Sonic (1) Sunset (1) Sunshine (1) Swords (1) TV (1) Taiko (1) Technology (1) Thames (1) The Last Shadow Puppets (1) The O2 (1) The Wachowski Brothers (1) Top 5 (1) Towers (1) Toys (1) Umbrella (1) Union Jack (1) Wellies (1) White (1) Window (1) Winner (1) Words (1) Youtube (1) anime (1) atheism (1) bikes (1) cartoon (1) cheese (1) cityPGame (1) comedy (1) dance (1) desk (1) doctor who (1) dreadlocks (1) email (1) fredericfontenoy.com (1) hair (1) hip-hop (1) huts (1) kites (1) lecture (1) memorial (1) nudes (1) parrot (1) piece (1) portraits (1) royal (1) running (1) sakura (1) shoes (1) square (1) symbols (1) symetry (1) tezuka osamu (1) the future (1) thoughts (1) transsexual (1) vide (1) wedding (1)