Monday, November 6

Fukuoka


"Anticipation has a habit to set you up for disappointment in evening entertainment but..."

Fukuoka was fucking ace and I loved every moment of it. From the flight there to the bus trip home I had a marvellous time and wouldn’t swap it for a million Halloween parties, no matter how many Lara Crofts were there.

So how should I retell this, how would other bloggers impart their experiences? Chronologically? Seems a bit dull, most important facts first? Alphabetically? I’m not sure. I don’t think that I could tell it with enough verve to justly convey the fun I had on this trip.

So instead let me just tell you how I came away feeling. We’re going to need bullet points, lots of them.

Pity:
My pity isn’t spared easily, but now my cup runneth over with it. I feel sorry for all the sad saps that get so giddy when they see a foreigner and can’t maintain a semblance of cool long enough not to make a twat out of their selves. But more than that now I kind of pity myself. Not only am I not having a great time in a cool city but I’m also so easy to fault when I’m compared to one person in particular.

Evania and Bape Buddies

So I met a girl name Evania, cool name right? This girl was FUN, yes she was F U N with capitals. She was friendly, no nonsense, open, she managed to hold a conversation and my interest without talking about herself constantly or talking poorly of others. She was impressive.
Seems to me that when I’m not talking about my own problems these days I’m highlighting someone else’s… god I’m doing now! How did I become that guy.
Romantic:
I love the city. I love its music. Its lights. Its food. Its life. Its women and men. I love the night and the fact that it holds so many possibilities, I love the fact that nothing is certain and nothing really sleeps. I fucking love cities.
Honoured:
Marika (Miracle-Ka), you were legendary! I want it to be known and not let it go unsaid: You rocked my world… ta.
Lighter:
Emptied my pockets on a few items…

My Baby Milo's

Happy:
Of late I’ve become something other than myself, so ready to appease people at the expense of myself. There was no need to feel that way all weekend. If I want to be quiet, I will, entertain yourself. If I want to be outspoken, deal with, its my opinion you should be inspired by the fact that I’m brave enough to have some.

So in a nutshell, my weekend was like a coming of age movie with copious amounts of alcohol fuelled life-learning… and balloons.
4 Balloons

1 comment:

  1. Nice pumps! Very Damien Hurst.

    Okay, I think I have been putting the effort in as far as comments etc go. Therefore, I feel one of those snazzy postcards should be winging its way to me; spreading some Eastern 魅力.

    ReplyDelete

Label Cloud

London (66) Just Plain Silly (46) Yak (43) Photos (40) Photography (39) Rant (35) Photo (34) Video (33) people (24) photoshop (22) Poetry (20) Portrait (20) Review (16) film (16) England (15) Travel (15) Music (11) Photowalk (10) 5adaychallenge (6) Bestival (6) Festival (6) art (6) movies (6) 43Things.com (5) Japanese (5) Night (5) School (5) Street (5) UK (5) trailer (5) Black andamp; White (4) Cathedral (4) Costume (4) Greenwich (4) Love (4) Norfolk (4) Tattoo Convention (4) WDPS (4) Winter (4) Woman (4) America (3) Animals (3) Autumn (3) Bow Creek (3) Canterbury (3) Charlie Clempson (3) Hipstamatic (3) Performance (3) Photographic Assignments (3) Snow (3) Summer (3) flowers (3) iphone (3) religion (3) whitstable (3) Abstract (2) Beach (2) Bird (2) Carnival (2) Cats (2) Comics (2) Dancing (2) Fireworks (2) Flickr (2) Ganes (2) Hats (2) Leytonstone (2) Mirror (2) Monochrome (2) New Year (2) Notting Hill (2) Sculptures (2) Sky (2) Soho (2) South Bank (2) Tattoos (2) Toy (2) Trinity Buoy Wharf (2) Westminster (2) Wildlife (2) blog (2) camera (2) cars (2) forwards (2) nature (2) party (2) postcards (2) seaside (2) sport (2) spring (2) 620 Film (1) 90's (1) A-Team (1) Acrobatics (1) Aerosol (1) Airport (1) Alcohol (1) Anne Rice (1) Antique (1) Batman (1) Bicycles (1) Bokeh (1) Book Cover (1) Box (1) Boy George (1) Bridge (1) Bristol (1) Brixton (1) Brownie (1) Bull (1) Cake (1) Calm (1) Camden (1) Challenge (1) Chinese (1) Christmas (1) Church (1) City (1) Colour (1) Covent Garden (1) Crowds (1) DLR (1) Daruma (1) David Twohy (1) Diptych (1) Dog (1) Dulwich (1) Epic Fail (1) Eric Radomski (1) Erotic Book Store (1) Exotic (1) Fatboy Slim (1) Fire (1) Fire Eater (1) Flame (1) Foreign Policy (1) Fox (1) Fruit (1) GRass (1) Gallery (1) Gayla Partridge (1) Glasses (1) Goat (1) Gosh (1) Graffiti (1) Gull (1) HMS (1) Hands (1) Hawk-Eye (1) Hearts (1) Heron Quay (1) Heygate (1) Horse (1) Hot Chip (1) ICA (1) James Bond (1) John McTiernan (1) Kanye West (1) Katherine Green (1) Landscape (1) Leaves (1) Links (1) Lomo (1) Mac (1) Markets (1) Meetups (1) Michael Hoffman (1) Mobile Phone (1) Monkey (1) Niels Arden Oplev (1) Nuts (1) Orange (1) PC (1) PS3 (1) Panoramic (1) Patrick Cox (1) Pepsi (1) Rain (1) Reflections (1) Ropes (1) Science Museum (1) Security (1) Self-Pity (1) Sex (1) Shine (1) Spotify (1) Squirrels (1) Stain Glass (1) Stations (1) Steve Gordon (1) Steven Spielberg (1) Street Fighter (1) Summer Sonic (1) Sunset (1) Sunshine (1) Swords (1) TV (1) Taiko (1) Technology (1) Thames (1) The Last Shadow Puppets (1) The O2 (1) The Wachowski Brothers (1) Top 5 (1) Towers (1) Toys (1) Umbrella (1) Union Jack (1) Wellies (1) White (1) Window (1) Winner (1) Words (1) Youtube (1) anime (1) atheism (1) bikes (1) cartoon (1) cheese (1) cityPGame (1) comedy (1) dance (1) desk (1) doctor who (1) dreadlocks (1) email (1) fredericfontenoy.com (1) hair (1) hip-hop (1) huts (1) kites (1) lecture (1) memorial (1) nudes (1) parrot (1) piece (1) portraits (1) royal (1) running (1) sakura (1) shoes (1) square (1) symbols (1) symetry (1) tezuka osamu (1) the future (1) thoughts (1) transsexual (1) vide (1) wedding (1)

Archive